Suggestions from a husband who has traveled to knitting events…
Notes for non-knitters traveling with Trips for Knitters
- Remember this is her trip with other knitters and you are NOT the focal point of her attention! It’s about the knitting and the connections with others.
- If you are here because you need the getaway from the rat race of business or home and can use a week of “by yourself time” to chill out, this is your opportunity to take advantage of being in the background and enjoy your quiet time.
- Do not make a nuisance of yourself and hang around the knitters, except at meal times. Can you imagine your spouse joining you and your buddies watching sports or playing card games?
- Bring plenty of books to read and necessary electronic devices to keep in touch with the world.
- Do a lot of walking and exploring on your own to exercise.
- Do research before you leave home to ﬁnd out about the area. if you want to do side trips on your own during the day.
- She’ll really love your for your patience and ability to participate appropriately in this event.