HDR: Knitting on Block Island
Knitting on Block Island
An American Treasure
Come with us as we visit Block Island, a 10-square mile treasure sitting 12 miles off the coast of Rhode Island in the Atlantic Ocean. While long a tourist destination in the summer, Block Island has much to offer during the “quiet” season as well. Most importantly for us, Block Island is also home to North Light Fibers, a yarn micro-mill serving up specialty yarns in island-inspired colorways.
View our Block Island Photo Carousel:
• APRIL 11–16: Mosaic Knitting
Knitting: Using North Light Fibers’ newest yarn, "Atlantic," we'll explore mosaic knitting, which allows us to create a two-color pattern using only one color per row. A variation of slip stitches, mosaic knitting typically creates geometric designs and is accomplished with only the knit stitch and slip stitch. Quite magical, mosaic knitting makes all of us appear clever (we are) and provides work that is unique and appealing. Knitters will learn how to read mosaic knitting charts, knit a few mosaic motifs and design one of their own to knit.
Mosaic Knitting is presented by Susan Wolcott of Trips for Knitters.
- The $500 per person non-refundable deposit is just that: non-refundable.
- All cancellations must be in writing. Email is acceptable.
- Cancellation does not necessarily result in a partial refund.
- We strongly urge participants to purchase travel insurance to cover airfare and event expense in the event of cancellation. Shop through AAA, your travel agent or online sources such as Travelex.